DateSaturday May 12, 2018toSunday May 13, 2018
The format involves 4 hrs of theory to study the fundamentals of trail building, and 12 hrs of practical work on actual trails. Forty will be the participants from Italy and other European countries.
These are some of the things participants will learn:
• Characteristics of a sustainable trail,
• The importance of a good design,
• How and where to use rocks,
• How to design with the right gradient,
• Criteria for multi-use trails,
• Water shading and erosion,
• Tools and safety,
• How to deal with trails that are not sustainable.
All participants will receive the slides of the course in electronic format (Italian or English). Upon completion, participants will receive a TBS IMBA Certificate.
- Snow Packed
- Snow Covered
- Freeze/thaw Cycle
- Prevalent Mud
- Very Dry