1) From Alauzon decend the track towards The Cabin.
2) Turn off towards The Cabin and EITHER contine straight past The Cabin to the main forest track and turn right, then continue until a track branches off to the right over a ford OR follow the marked trail through the forest (as shown on the map) via a log bridge culminating in the river bed (can be wet after rain) that leads to the shallow ford. From the ford, continue along the track up to the Alauzon Ruins.
3) From Alauzon Ruins, continue along the forest track, climbing up to the sign-post indicating La Coste, do not turn off here unless you wish to shorten the route.
4) Continue along the track a short distance to a junction.
5) Take the right-hand fork and continue up the track.
6) Follow the track leading off to the right. Continue to the ridge.
7) When you reach the ridge, check out the view to the north, on a clear day you can see the Alps. Now follow one or the other of two rocky tracks leading down towards a saddle. If there are sheep grazing within an electric fence, follow the fence around until you are back on the track.
When you reach the saddle, follow a trail off to the left. Follow this trail through woodland until you reach a track.
9) Follow the track head up the hill, the track narrows to a path that delivers you to the Col de Sanguine.
10) At the Col de Sangine turn left and continue steeply up the hill then follow a narrow trail off to the right towads Le Poet.
11) The trail eventually turns into a vehicle track. Continue down this until you reach Le Poet.
12) From Le Poet continue until it is possible to break off right on a GR path (marked red and white). The turn is a few metres before you reach a rock with a cross on top. Contine along the GR, over a tiny stream until the trail descends through an orchard to the tarmac road.
13) Head down the road for a short distance.
14) Turn off left (GR marked) and continue along a track.
15) Continue along the track until the GR breaks off right - the trail markers are hard to spot. Follow this up the hill. The track eventually to a narrow trail that descends to the valley floor.
16) At the bottom of the valley, cross the stream and turn right to head north up the valley along a narrow trail.
17) The narrow trail joins a track. Follow this down-hill back to the main road to Le Poet.
1 At the road turn left and descend the tarmac to the Alauzon turning.
19) Continue along the track to Alazuon.
Local Trail Association
Trails in Route
More Stats for Circuit d'Alauzon mountain bike route
Altitude min2,437 ft
Altitude start2,625 ft
Altitude end2,628 ft
Distance climb6 miles
Distance down6 miles
Distance flat2,723 ft
- Snow Packed
- Snow Covered
- Freeze/thaw Cycle
- Prevalent Mud
- Very Dry
Recent Trail Reports Along Route
Jul 27, 2018 @ 11:50amJul 27, 2018
|Part of the trail goes through the Alauzon river which is currently very low.|