Every year, on Labor Day Weekend, the countries strongest endurance mountain bike racers drop in on some of the best trials Park City has to offer. Park City, Utah has 400 miles of trail; it’s ripping fast and incredibly diverse. Whether you’re someone who rides the trails regularly or an out-of-towner, this race is guaranteed to please.
The course is a true point 2 point event. Thanks to the plethora of trails you'll never be on the same trail twice. You'll be riding singletrack for over 90% of the race, and that is a boatload of singletrack! The total distance is 75 miles and you'll gain 12,000′ over the course of the race, all while traveling through three of the country’s premier mountain resorts. It will challenge your mental prowess, yet it will have you grinning from ear to ear at times. The P2P is a true adventure style event (like the old days), it is not a closed course, hold-your-hand style of an event. You'll want to prepare for this by studying the course map (pre-ride if you can) or bringing a GPS unit with the course loaded. If you don’t prepare, you'll probably get lost, and that’s all part of racing!
Very Brief Written Description Of The P2P Course
Don’t try to ride the course using these as directions – you’ll get lost!
- Start at Quinn’s Jct. Recreation Complex (Round Valley)
- Quick lap in Round Valley and then back through Quinn’s Start/Finish area
- Under 224 and up onto Skid Row and around on Lost Prospector
- Into the Oaks area, up Snow Top and into Deer Crest and Deer Valley
- Down Village trail and back up Pipeline and Deer Crest, up Four-Points to Silver Lake at Deer Valley
- Leave Silver Lake on Mid-Mtn Trail and climb Big Bear
- Round Flagstaff Loop, descend upper Boulder and then onto Moose Bones over to TG
- Riders will stay on TG and then drop down to Mid-Mountain via Corvair
- From Mid-Mountain riders will drop on to Sam’s Trail, then to Empire Link Trail
- From Empire Link Trail racers will head to Park City Mountain Resort via Johns 99
- DH Johns and then promptly climb back up via Drift Road,the Steps trail and Apex.
- Descend to Shadow Lake via Keystone trail and circle it clockwise, finish top decent on Powerline Trail.
- Climb up Thayne’s access road to the start of the Crescent Mine Grade (CMG) Trail descent – take it all the way to the base of Park City Mountain Resort (Refuel)
- Climb up and out of Park City Mountain Resort Via Armstrong Trail to the Mid-Mountain Trail
- Riders will stay on Mid-Mountain Trail and circle the East side of Iron Mountain, Up Iron Man and then down Gold Finger.
- Continue heading to The Canyons on Mid-Mountain and on to Rob’s Trail.
- Downhill Rob’s around on Rosebuds Trail and up, up, up, Ambush
- One last descent into the forum at the Canyons via Holly’s for a wonderful FREE concert and post-race meal
Local Trail AssociationMountain Trails Foundation (mountaintrails.org)
Trails in Route
Route TypePoint to Point
More Stats for Park City Point 2 Point 2015 mountain bike route
Altitude change231 ft
Altitude min6,640 ft
Altitude start6,681 ft
Altitude end6,912 ft
Distance climb37 miles
Distance down34 miles
Distance flat2 miles
Recent Trail Reports Along Route
- login to download gpx or kml files.