Every year, on Labor Day Weekend, the countries strongest endurance mountain bike racers drop in on some of the best trials Park City has to offer. Park City, Utah has 400 miles of trail; it’s ripping fast and incredibly diverse. Whether you’re someone who rides the trails regularly or an out-of-towner, this race is guaranteed to please.
The course is a true point 2 point event. Thanks to the plethora of trails you'll never be on the same trail twice. You'll be riding singletrack for over 90% of the race, and that is a boatload of singletrack! The total distance is 75 miles and you'll gain 12,000′ over the course of the race, all while traveling through three of the country’s premier mountain resorts. It will challenge your mental prowess, yet it will have you grinning from ear to ear at times. The P2P is a true adventure style event (like the old days), it is not a closed course, hold-your-hand style of an event. You'll want to prepare for this by studying the course map (pre-ride if you can) or bringing a GPS unit with the course loaded. If you don’t prepare, you'll probably get lost, and that’s all part of racing!
Very Brief Written Description Of The P2P Course
Don’t try to ride the course using these as directions – you’ll get lost!
- Start at Quinn’s Jct. Recreation Complex (Round Valley)
- Quick lap in Round Valley and then back through Quinn’s Start/Finish area
- Under 224 and up onto Skid Row and around on Lost Prospector
- Into the Oaks area, up Snow Top and into Deer Crest and Deer Valley
- Down Village trail and back up Pipeline and Deer Crest, up Four-Points to Silver Lake at Deer Valley
- Leave Silver Lake on Mid-Mtn Trail and climb Big Bear
- Round Flagstaff Loop, descend upper Boulder and then onto Moose Bones over to TG
- Riders will stay on TG and then drop down to Mid-Mountain via Corvair
- From Mid-Mountain riders will drop on to Sam’s Trail, then to Empire Link Trail
- From Empire Link Trail racers will head to Park City Mountain Resort via Johns 99
- DH Johns and then promptly climb back up via Drift Road,the Steps trail and Apex.
- Descend to Shadow Lake via Keystone trail and circle it clockwise, finish top decent on Powerline Trail.
- Climb up Thayne’s access road to the start of the Crescent Mine Grade (CMG) Trail descent – take it all the way to the base of Park City Mountain Resort (Refuel)
- Climb up and out of Park City Mountain Resort Via Armstrong Trail to the Mid-Mountain Trail
- Riders will stay on Mid-Mountain Trail and circle the East side of Iron Mountain, Up Iron Man and then down Gold Finger.
- Continue heading toward Red Pine Lodge on Canyons Village side of Park City Resort, staying on Mid-Mountain trail and on to Ambush trail intersection.
- Down Ambush trail to intersection of Rob's, Ambush and Olympic Ridge, take Olympic Ridge Trail toward Utah Olympic Park.
- Moose Puddle, cross the parking area for the bobsled start house and descend on Legacy Loop/Iron Bill down to road crossing (Olympic Park Drive).
- One last descent after road cross on RTS trail toward Skullcandy HQ building and the finish venue for some desired R & R and post-race meal.
Local Trail AssociationMountain Trails Foundation (mountaintrails.org)
Trails in Route
More Stats for Park City Point 2 Point 2017 mountain bike route
Altitude change-259 ft
Altitude min6,421 ft
Altitude start6,680 ft
Altitude end6,421 ft
Distance climb36 miles
Distance down35 miles
Distance flat4 miles
- Snow Packed
- Snow Covered
- Freeze/thaw Cycle
- Prevalent Mud
- Very Dry
Recent Trail Reports Along Route
Aug 11, 2018 @ 7:17pm3 days
Aug 11, 2018 @ 7:16pm3 days
Aug 11, 2018 @ 7:14pm3 days
Aug 11, 2018 @ 7:13pm3 days
|Lots of loose bits on this currently and some over growth.|
Aug 11, 2018 @ 7:47amAug 11, 2018
- login to download gpx or kml files.