Start: Ride from Victoria Park along the Bowenvale Traverse Track to the top of Huntsbury Track near the Summit Road.
Finish: The bottom of Bowenvale Valley on the 4WD track. From the 4WD track it's a short ride out to Bowenvale Avenue.
Access: The fastest access is to ride the Bowenvale Traverse Track from Victoria Park. Alternatively ride up Rapaki Track and then take the Mt Vernon Track through to its end at the top of Huntsbury.
Signage: The track is sign posted at the airstrip.
- Classed as a grade three ride, this track was the first down hill track built on the Port Hills in the mid 90's.
- Start riding down the gravel surfaced 4WD Huntsbury Track for approx 500 metres.
- At an obvious junction at the head of an old airstrip turn left and follow a steep 4WD track that zig zags it's way down into the valley. The track surface is rough and riddled with ruts – so don't forget to hang on.
- At a pylon the track narrows to a fast flowing single track that takes you to the valley floor and the Bowenvale Valley 4WD Track.
This section of this track has recently been re-built, and offers some fun riding with many switch back corners and lots of grade reversal to pump through while traversing back and forth across the hill country.
Local Trail Association
More Stats for Bowenvale Downhill Track mountain bike trail
Altitude change-1,073 ft
Altitude min115 ft
Altitude start1,188 ft
Altitude end115 ft
Distance climb955 ft
Distance down1.3 miles
- view trail stats
Bowenvale... Trail Reports
Jul 5, 2016 @ 3:19pmJul 5, 2016
Jun 28, 2016 @ 1:13pmJun 28, 2016
Jun 6, 2016 @ 7:24pmJun 6, 2016
|A few Deep holes either side of the fence styles. And 4 parts of the track are holding water and chopping up really badly.|
Apr 5, 2016 @ 9:56pmApr 5, 2016
Oct 4, 2015 @ 12:16amOct 4, 2015
Reviews / Comments
No reviews yet, be the first to write a review or ask a question.
Use trail reports to comment on trail conditions.
- login to download gpx or kml files.