This trail is featured on the Flaine/Les Carroz paper VTT (mountain bike) trail map (unfortunately no online version is available). The maps cost €4 from the tourist information centre at Flaine. It largely follows a similar route to the Cascades ski run in the winter.
You start at the top of the DMC lift in Flaine, initially traversing across the ridge in the direction of Sixt. You then begin a gradual descent through a sheepfold, continuing down into the woods and along the route of a fast-flowing river with various waterfall features along the way. You end up in the pretty little town of Sixt Fer à Cheval, which is just a short ride from Samoëns.
Highlights from the description on the map (translated into English):
- Discover the Mont Blanc chain (watch out for punctures on the plateau)
- Nature reserve of Sixt Fer à Cheval
- Technical passage to the sheepfold of the Combe des Foges
- Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval and its picturesque village
Take the DMC lift from the base of Flaine.
Local Trail Association
- Please consider joining or donating to the local riding association to support trail development & maintenance.donate to earn trail karma!
More Stats for Circuit n°68: les Foges mountain bike trail
Altitude change-5,581 ft
Altitude min2,523 ft
Altitude start8,104 ft
Altitude end2,523 ft
Distance climb1 miles
Distance down7 miles
Distance flat972 ft
- view trail stats
- Snow Packed
- Snow Covered
- Freeze/thaw Cycle
- Prevalent Mud
- Very Dry
Circuit n°68:... Trail Reports
Trail reports are used to indicate a trails current condition and inform builders and other riders about any issues on a trail.
Reviews / Comments
No reviews yet, be the first to write a review or ask a question.
Use trail reports to comment on trail conditions.
- login to download gpx or kml files.