Well-signed, out and back, wide hard pack crusher dust trail taking you from downtown all the way out to Old Barns. Leisurely path with very little elevation. Used by many families, walkers, joggers - and bike friendly. No motorized vehicles. Winds though town past the golf course and then along the headland of the Minas Basin. One short section of pavement (Water treatment plant driveway, not traveled road) in the middle. Rest benches along the way and a few covered benches great for picnics. Beautiful views whether the tide is in or out. Trail head in town is beside a convenience store if you need snacks. No other amenities other than good parking. Bike it either direction.
The trail does continue across Willow St and into town a little ways more as crusher dust, but ends before arriving downtown.
1. Trailhead in town beside the Needs/A&W at 210 Willow Street.
2. Just off the 102 highway in Lower truro. Corner of 236 and Truro Heights Road, Address roughly 4043 Hwy236
3. The far end in Old Barns/Clifton - corner of Shore Road and Hwy 236 - address near 2689 Hwy236
Local Trail Association
- Please consider joining or donating to the local riding association to support trail development & maintenance.donate to earn trail karma!
More Stats for Cobequid Trail - Old Barns mountain bike trail
Altitude change-33 ft
Altitude min21 ft
Altitude max75 ft
Altitude start66 ft
Altitude end33 ft
Distance climb2 miles
Distance down3 miles
Distance flat1 miles
- view trail stats
- Snow Packed
- Snow Covered
- Freeze/thaw Cycle
- Prevalent Mud
- Very Dry
Cobequid Trail -... Trail Reports
Jul 7, 2018 @ 6:48pmJul 7, 2018
Reviews / Comments
No reviews yet, be the first to write a review or ask a question.
Use trail reports to comment on trail conditions.
- login to download gpx or kml files.