3,000 ft
Distance
178 ft
Climb
-149 ft
Descent
00:21:31
Avg time

Los Picapiedras Details

  • Riding Area
    Monagas
    Bayamon
  • Difficulty Rating
  • Trail Type
    Singletrack
  • Bike Type
    AM, XC
  • Trail Usage
    Biking Primary
  • Direction
    Downhill Primary
    Popular direction shown
  • Climb Difficulty
    Blue
  • Physical Rating
    Hard
  • Season
    All year
  • Global Ranking
    #5255 in Mountain Biking
  • Local Popularity
    40 in Mountain Biking [+]
    • 95 in Trail Running
    • 5 in Hiking
  • OSM Way

Los Picapiedras is a physically demanding singletrack due to changes in elevation and also requires skills for riding down drops (although there are "chicken runs" for not taking the drops).

Access Info

Ride up the fire road and you'll see a sign for Los Picapiedras.

Local Trail Association
More Stats for Los Picapiedras bike trail
  • Altitude change
    28 ft
  • Altitude min
    69 ft
  • Altitude max
    133 ft
  • Altitude start
    73 ft
  • Altitude end
    101 ft
  • Grade
    0.936%
  • Grade max
    -26.936%
  • Grade min
    35.587%
  • Distance climb
    1,333 ft
  • Distance down
    1,037 ft
  • Distance flat
    630 ft
  • Avg time
    00:21:31
  • Avg reverse time
    00:02:59
  • view trail stats
Status:
on Nov 30, 2018
Variable
Avg: 5 (1 votes)

view (99)
close
Trail Conditions
  • Unknown
  • Snow Packed
  • Snow Covered
  • Freeze/thaw Cycle
  • Icy
  • Prevalent Mud
  • Wet
  • Variable
  • Dry
  • Very Dry
Trail Ridden Direction

Trailforks scans users ridelogs to determine the most popular direction each trail is ridden. A good flowing trail network will have most trails flowing in a single direction according to their intension.
The colour categories are based on what percentage of riders are riding a trail in its intended direction.

  • > 96%
  • > 90%
  • > 80%
  • > 70%
  • > 50%
  • < 50%
Trail Ridden Direction

The intendid direction a trail should be ridden.

  • Downhill Only
  • Downhill Primary
  • Both Directions
  • Uphill Primary
  • Uphill Only
  • One Direction

LEGEND
Trail Difficulties
  • Access Road/Trail
  • White
  • Green
  • Blue
  • Black
  • Double Black Diamond

Trail Report Status
  • Clear / Green
  • Minor Issue / Yellow
  • Significant Issue / Amber
  • Closed or Major Issue / Red

  • Land Owner Overlay
  • Wilderness (typically no bikes in USA)
  • BLM (public)
  • USFS (Wildlife sanctuaries darker than usfs)
  • State land
  • Indigenous
  • Military
Trail Conditions
  • Unknown
  • Snow Packed
  • Snow Covered
  • Freeze/thaw Cycle
  • Icy
  • Prevalent Mud
  • Wet
  • Variable
  • Dry
  • Very Dry
  • Map Markers
  • trail Trail Head
  • photo Photo
  • place Directory Listing
  • region Riding Area
  • TTF TTF
  • Parking Parking
  • Viewpoint Viewpoint
  • Information Information
  • Warning Warning
  • Directions Directions
  • Water Fountain/Source Water Fountain/Source
  • Sight Sight
  • Restrooms Restrooms
  • Gate Gate
  • Camping Camping
  • Trail Sign Trail Sign
  • Table or Bench Table or Bench
  • Other Other
      Directions to los-picapiedras trailhead (18.409800, -66.137590)
      update trails status or condition

      Los Picapiedras Trail Reports

      datedescription
      Nov 30, 2018 @ 4:23pm
      Nov 30, 2018
      90% of the trail is dry, the other 10% are not complete dry but hard enough to be safe.
      Jul 7, 2018 @ 9:47am
      Jul 7, 2018
      May 18, 2016 @ 6:29am
      May 18, 2016
      Slippery mostly on downhill and climbing.
      May 15, 2016 @ 6:54pm
      May 15, 2016
      Conditions are good.
      Oct 4, 2015 @ 7:54am
      Oct 4, 2015
      Corrible, humeda con raices resbalosas
      view all reports »

      Recent Ridelog Activity on Trail

      Past Week
      • 0 rides
      •  
      6 Months
      • 7 rides
      • 10 miles avg distance
      All
      • 179 rides
      •  

      Photos

      more »
      67 |
      Nov 8, 2015 @ 7:43am
      Nov 8, 2015
      Los Picapiedras, Bayamon
      61 |
      Nov 8, 2015 @ 7:43am
      Nov 8, 2015
      Los Picapiedras, Bayamon
      76 |
      Nov 8, 2015 @ 5:42am
      Nov 8, 2015
      Los Picapiedras, Bayamon

      1 Review & Comments

      • + 0
      flag riosrx (Oct 19, 2018 at 17:11)
       Currently open, it has been restored since the hurricane.
      [Reply]

      Post a Comment



      You must login to Pinkbike.
      Don't have an account? Sign up

      Join Pinkbike  Login

      Videos

      more »
      Monagas MTB Trail Puerto Rico
      476 | Oct 8, 2015 , Bayamon
      • subscribe
      • flag
      • login to download gpx or kml files.