Bike TypeAM, XC, Fat
Climb DifficultyDouble Black Diamond
TTFs on TrailRock Face
Land ManagerCuster State Park
This section of Trail 89 is unique in that is either really good or really terrible. Some of this section of the Centennial Trail follows very good single track and some of the trail is a very steep, rocky fall line climb/descent on two track trail. Be aware of wildlife out here, especially buffalo. Give the bison wide berth and don't try to shoo them off the trail. Bison are known to be aggressive towards humans.
Either park at Badger Hole Trail Head located about one mile south of US-16 on Badger Clark Memorial Road or at French Creek Horse Camp Trail Head located a little more than a mile east of SD-87 on CSP-4/Lame Johnny Road.
Local Trail Association
- Please consider joining or donating to the local riding association to support trail development & maintenance.donate to earn trail karma!
More Stats for Trail 89 - Badger Hole TH - French Creek TH bike trail
Altitude change-369 ft
Altitude min4,585 ft
Altitude start5,009 ft
Altitude end4,639 ft
Distance climb2 miles
Distance down2 miles
Distance flat771 ft
- view trail stats
- Snow Packed
- Snow Covered
- Freeze/thaw Cycle
- Prevalent Mud
- Very Dry
Trail 89 -... Trail Reports
Trail reports are used to indicate a trails current condition and inform builders and other riders about any issues on a trail.
Reviews / Comments
No reviews yet, be the first to write a review or ask a question.
Use trail reports to comment on trail conditions.
- lame jonny road 4 miles
- trail 89 - french creek trail head - highland creek th 5 miles
- camp remington rd 7 miles
- trail 89 - iron creek th - badger hole th 8 miles
- mickelson trail spur - custer to stockade lake 10 miles
- login to download gpx or kml files.