MooseDuro, the most fun (and only) Enduro format race at Moose Mountain in Alberta will be held Sunday September 23 2018.
Moose Mountain Bike Trail Society (MMBTS) and guiding and coaching outfit – Alberta 66 MTB, are excited to bring MooseDuro back for it's second year!
Race Registration will close by Noon on Friday September 21st. There will be no race-day registration. All racers MUST have an MMBTS membership in order to have valid insurance to race. Bring your MMBTS membership card – it will be checked the morning of the race.
There will be long (advanced) and short (intermediate) course options. Note the elevation profiles are overestimated in Trailforks. The long course will actually climb and descend ~ 1300 m elevation and the short ~1000 m.
• Timing System provided by the Canadian National Enduro Series
• Finish line BBQ and Prizes provided by Ridley's Cycle
• Well stocked aid station provided by Bike Bros
• Mechanical assistance provided by The Inside Line
• Extensive prizes for racers and volunteers by; Heather Cleveland, NRG Enterprises, Icebreaker Merino, Osprey Bags and the Bike CAFE Canmore
• Full Face helmet and body armor is recommended for all racers
• There will be no shuttling for any of the racers to the stages, all courses and categories are pedal-powered
• Race day changes from Short to Long course will not be permitted, all changes and registrations must be complete by Friday September 29th at Noon. Any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
• All racers MUST be MMBTS members in order to be covered by insurance. Memberships can be purchased online or on the day of the race.
• Race will be taped/marked by evening on Saturday Sept. 30th
• Race course will be available via Trailforks to be downloaded as a route to your mobile device. Course will be released on Monday September 17th
• Cell Reception is available at the race start but is sporadic throughout the rest of the race course
• Closest accommodation is Paddy’s Flat Campground, Mclean Creek Campground, or hotel in Calgary
• All Racers and Volunteers are eligible for prizes – a raffle ticket will be given to you at the event
• Spectators and hecklers are encouraged to come out – tickets for finish line BBQ will be available for purchase for non-racers for 5$ at the BBQ tent.
Race Day Schedule Sunday September 23rd 2018
• Racers and volunteers with bikes MUST park at Fullerton Loop/Allen Bill Parking lot, this is located 1 km east of the start, located at Station Flats. There will be NO PARKING at Station Flats for racers
• 8:00 AM Station Flats: Volunteers meeting - volunteers will be assigned locations and will be shuttled to their positions or can pedal to their spots. Bikes encouraged so you can return to the start without needed a shuttle
• 8:00 – 8:30 AM: Racer sign-in for all U18, all Women and all Short Course Registrants. You will receive a timing chip and race plate
• 8:30 - 9:00 AM: Racer sign-in for all Long Course - Open Men and Long Course - Masters Men 40+
• 9:00 AM: Race briefing Race START for all U18, all Women and all Short Course riders
• 9:30 AM: Race START for Long Course – Open Men and Long Course – Masters Men 40+
• 1:30 - 4:00 PM: Finish line BBQ - you will get a food ticket once you return your timing chip
• 3:00 PM: Race course closes – course sweeps will take down course markings and return to the start/finish area at Station Flats
• 3:30 PM: Podiums and Prizes at Station Flats
Thanks a lot to our sponsors, supporters and to the racers! Stoked to see you all there!